1. Everyone lives in a watershed
Correct. Everyone lives in a watershed. A watershed is a land area that drains water into a creek, river, lake, wetland, bay or groundwater aquifer.
2. Litter is always picked up by someone else.False
Correct! Picking up litter is the responsibility of everyone.
3. Cars pollute water as well as air.
Correct! Oil and other automotive fluids can drip from cars and be carried through storm drains into our creeks and Bay.
4. Industries pollute the Bay more than residents.
Correct! Residents can cause more pollution with household chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers, and use of their cars.
5. Protecting our watershed is essential to maintain the health and well being of all living things.
Correct! Watersheds are more than just drainage areas in and around our communities. They are necessary to support habitat for plants and animals, and they provide drinking water for people and wildlife.